Thistlevine British Shorthairs

A CFA and TICA registered cattery

Specializing in Blue / Bi-Colors / Blue Creams / Creams / Calicos

Southwest

Michigan, USA

Friday, January 27, 2012

Purchasing a Thistlevine Kitten

Some general information about purchasing one of our kittens.

The kittens go to their new homes at 14 weeks of age, fully vaccinated and altered. They are sold with a contract that states that the kitten is to be an indoor-only cat and not to be de-clawed. For more information on de-clawing, see the link on the left "Maxshouse". This Web Site has links to many other articles.

When you decide to purchase a kitten, I will be asking a lot of questions. This helps me understand you life style and match a kitten that will be right for you. Some kittens are shy and would do better in a home with older children, while others are bold and rambunctious and would love to spend their day in an active home. I do ask for a Vet reference, if you have other pets, how old and what kinds of pets you may have. My kittens are raised with our wonderful Murphy Mutt, a Newfie/Lab/Chow mix. He loves the babies and give them regular washings. :)

Deposits: Many people ask about deposits. I don't take any deposits until you choose a kitten. When the kittens are about 3 to 4 weeks old I will send pictures to all the people that have been ask to be placed on our kitten waiting list. Those responding first will have first choice. This seems to work for me :) I have found that, due to life, things happen. Maybe they have already gotten a kitten, changed their minds, or purchasing a kitten can't be done because of finances. I understand but when I email I don't get any response and don't know if my email were received or gone to spam. I have decided not to worry about it. :)

Please, email me with any questions you may have - thistlevinebsh@gmail.com